Oracle Database 19c November 2023 Meetup – The ABCs of APEX Administration – For Oracle DBAs
APEX Administration != APEX Development. This presentation covers all aspects of APEX Administration from an Oracle DBA perspective. Covering the architectural concepts & how to install, manage, backup, upgrade and much more. No APEX or development experience required – this is about administration!
Simply put: “APEX Administration” != “APEX Development“. Yet most APEX presentations, blogs, and white papers cover aspects of APEX development, new features relevant to developers and application development only! Which is beneficial for developers and those experienced with APEX, but is usually not very helpful for Oracle DBAs.
Consequently, even experienced and senior Oracle DBAs often wonder:
- Should I install APEX?
- How do I install APEX?
- How do I find out if and how APEX is already installed and configured for this database?
- How do I upgrade my APEX installation and what will happen to my APEX applications?
- How do we back up APEX and how does APEX integrate with database backups?
- How do I reset APEX passwords?
- What is an APEX “workspace” vs an “application”?
- Can I use APEX with non-Oracle databases?
So while APEX is a fantastic product with virtually unlimited potential, often DBAs have minimal knowledge and understanding of how to administer (not develop in) an APEX environment.
This detailed presentation answers all of the above questions for the DBA audience. Explaining all of these fundamental APEX concepts specifically for the DBA and from their perspective. And without getting into aspects of actual APEX development.
Speaker: Simon Pane, Pythian