COLLABORATE 20 will be here before you know it! The event will take place April 19-23, 2020, at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, NV. Created by users for users, COLLABORATE 20 brings IT strategists, users and developers together with Oracle teams and vendor experts to share inspiration, insights, and solutions. COLLABORATE 20 Quest education features sessions and networking opportunities for JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Oracle Cloud Applications, and Database and Technology users.
COLLABORATE 20 will help you and your team:
- Drive innovation
- Make better decisions faster
- Improve customer experience
- Align IT and business goals
- Expand the business value of your existing solutions
- Connect with experienced professionals
- Get set up for success
“I was able to meet individuals that will be valuable resources for me in the future. I also really enjoyed the exhibitor showcase which allowed me to ask questions and learn more about the products and services that many companies offer.”
-COLLABORATE 19 Attendee
New and Improved COLLABORATE 20 Advance Program!
This year, the new and improved Quest Forum Advance Program provides attendees with a preview of what they can expect at COLLABORATE 20! Some highlights include:
- 1,000+ functional and technical educational sessions
- Hands-on labs and how-to workshops to put into practice what you’re learning
- Networking opportunities that enable you to connect with peers and experts in your product track
You can find a more in-depth break-down of product-specific sessions in the Advance Program for the product(s) that you use:
- JD Edwards Advance Program
- PeopleSoft Advance Program
- Oracle Cloud Applications Advance Program
- Database & Technology Advance Program
Key Sessions at COLLABORATE 20
You won’t want to miss these key sessions at COLLABORATE 20! Check out some of the highlights within each community.
Key JD Edwards Sessions at COLLABORATE 20
JD Edwards Re-Imagined
Presented by Lyle Ekdahl, Oracle
Digital transformation requires re-imagining your business model. It means re-thinking how you use JD Edwards applications, embracing a new user experience and automating your business processes. We will explore how customers are using our digital platform to transform and reimagine their businesses. Join Lyle Ekdahl to hear how you can reimagine change.
If You Build It (A Robust AIS/Orchestrator Infrastructure), They (Orchestrations) Will Come!
Presented by James McDuff, WestRock
Is your business desiring to leverage the emerging technologies being offered through Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne AIS and Orchestrator, but perhaps you are struggling with where and how to begin? We would like to tell the story about how WestRock brought this functionality from concept to reality.
Benefits of Upgrading JDE to 9.2 for Companies Using Different Platforms
Presented by Hahn Tran, Western Dental Services Inc.
Utilizing UDOs and Mobile Applications to Process Work Orders
Presented by Taylor Clark, Turner Industries Group
Key PeopleSoft Sessions at COLLABORATE 20
Oracle PeopleSoft Product Update and Strategy
Presented by Paco Aubrejuan, Oracle
Kick-off COLLABORATE with Oracle’s PeopleSoft update. In this session, see key capabilities recently delivered and planned for PeopleSoft, including the use of emerging technologies.
Burning Questions for PeopleSoft
Presented by Paco Aubrejuan, Rebekah Jackson, David Bain, Robbin Velayedam, Stephen Morgan, and Madhavi Makkapati, Oracle
Come to this session ready to ask questions of the PeopleSoft team. All levels of Oracle’s PeopleSoft team from PeopleTools to applications and from product strategy leads to the executive management team will be on hand to address your questions.
Key Oracle Cloud Applications Sessions at COLLABORATE 20
Creating Next Generation Buying Experiences with Commerce CPQ and ERP
Presented by Jay Atkinson, Oracle
For B2B organizations, building out the best buying experience is critical. There are a number of challenges to overcome with front- and back-office integrations – learn more in this session!
Integration Tools and Strategy for Cloud ERP/HCM
Presented by Bharat Rampally, XT Global, and James McBride, Mastech Digital
This discussion will include the different patterns of integration that exist, the strategic considerations that go into choosing an integration tool and some more detailed discussion on particular tools.
ATCO Journey of EPM Cloud Deploying Enterprise Planning Budget Cloud
Presented by Ramkumar Ramanathan, ATCO Ltd.
Join this session to know more about ATCO’s journey through the deployment of EPM Cloud Suite of Enterprise Planning and Budgeting with their challenges and cloud benefits.
Feelin’ Groovy: Enhancing HR Help Desk Through Groovy Scripting
Presented by Angela Beckman, YUM! Brands
Ensuring that your employees have the tools they need to succeed can help push your business to achieve breakthrough results. Attend this session to learn how YUM! Brands enhanced their Oracle HR Helpdesk through groovy scripting and web services.
Guardian Life Insurance’s Finance Transformation Journey to the Cloud
Presented by Marcel Esqueu, Guardian Life Insurance Co. of America
Proving Guardians’ hypothesis for a one-vendor solution like Oracle for a seamless integration of complete and accurate data enabling better financial analysis and decision making, while being more cost-efficient.
Key Database & Technology Sessions at COLLABORATE 20
What’s New in Oracle Database 20c
Presented by Willie Hardie, Oracle
Learn what’s new from Oracle Database development, including a look at the latest features in Oracle Database 20c and what’s coming next.
Upgrade and Migrate to Oracle Database 19c: Live and Uncensored!
Presented by Roy Swonger, Oracle
Everything works well on PowerPoint. That’s why we prefer live upgrades. Uncensored. After a short introduction, we will showcase database upgrades to Oracle 19c on the command line.
10 Things Every DBA Needs to Do That Have Nothing to Do with Databases
Presented by Gary Gordhamer, INNIO
Often the primary training for DBAs is in technical topics, memorizing tons of details, or being able to be the first to solve a technical issue. But what 10 things do you need to do to be a great DBA that has nothing to do with databases?
A Use Case for Machine Learning: Creating a Recommendation System at SLCC
Presented by Michelle Hardwick, Salt Lake Community College
We used case studies from e-commerce to build a similar system that recommends to students their ideal class schedule for the next semester to ease the process of registering.
How to Figure Out Why Your Query is Taking Foreevveerr… In Less Than 30 Seconds!
Presented by Kaley Crum, ABC Financial Services
Anyone who’s familiar with tuning SQL knows that you need to get the execution plan for a query. But once you’ve got an execution plan, what do you do with it?
Networking Opportunities at COLLABORATE 20
In addition to educational sessions, get excited about the networking opportunities that await you at COLLABORATE 20, including:
- Welcome Receptions: Come enjoy Las Vegas with Quest at our product-focused welcome parties! This is an easy way to find friends and network with professionals using the same Oracle products. You won’t want to miss this fun night complete with food, fun and of course, a chance to win prizes.
- Geek Meet: Nerd alert! There is no better networking at conference than with “geeks” just like you! Join the Quest Technology audience for an evening of food, drinks, and fun at our annual Geek Meet!
- Speed Networking: Participate in our 75-minute Speed Networking session! We’ll create a customized networking path to set you up with your most compatible matches.
- Special Interest Groups: Discuss, network, and share best practices with other Oracle users within Quest who share your product interest. We have 20+ Special Interest Groups to choose from!
- Quest for Good: This is a conference favorite! Give back to our host community by participating in our service project.
- Exhibitor Showcase Hours: You can visit hundreds of vendors, find solutions, and network with industry experts during designated Exhibitor Showcase hours! You also don’t want to miss out on Quest-opoly – a fun networking game that gives you a chance to win prizes! Check out the Advance Program for more details.
Want to Attend? Register Today!
Quest members get the best rates on registration, plus, you’ll gain access to a wealth of resources – including webinars, blogs, customer stories, and more to help you optimize your Oracle investment! Here are three easy steps to help you save money at registration:
- Book a Room in the Quest Hotel Block: Stay in the Quest hotel block to save $200 off registration!
- Register Early: During Early Bird registration, you can save up to 40 percent. Register before March 6 to take advantage of Early Bird pricing!
- Travel Arrangements: Fly with Delta or United Airlines to get an exclusive discount for Quest registrants.
For more information on travel and hotels, check out the COLLABORATE 20 – Get Ready page! The registration pricing guide can be found on page 12 of the Advance Program or on the COLLABORATE 20 Registration page.
We look forward to having you join us at COLLABORATE 20!