I can’t believe we are in July already – halfway through 2021!!! Another great month for customer activity.
Upcoming 2021 Webinars/Conferences:
- OHUG’s Ascend Conference – August 15 – 18, 2021; Hollywood, FL
- RECONNECT Deep Dive October 4-7, 2021
- UKOUG Conference 2021 November 29 – 30, 2021; London
- Quest Experience Week – PeopleSoft Day December 6, 2021
RV’s Strategy Spotlight– Congratulations to McLane Company, Inc. for earning a Feature Innovator badge for being one of the first PeopleSoft customers to deploy Job Data Modernization. McLane is one of the largest supply chain services providers in the US, providing grocery and foodservice solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants. McLane is also a PeopleSoft HCM Customer Advisory Board alumnus. McLane decided to prioritize updating job data to help standardize their HR administrative processes and make it easier for entering employee actions.
As you may be aware, since last Fall I have been co-hosting an educational webinar series specifically designed for PeopleSoft HCM customers to learn about the Cloud and how it compares to PeopleSoft. I have learned so much about what life is like running Oracle’s cloud-based HCM solutions through conversations with subject matter experts from the Oracle Cloud development and customer success teams, partners, and customers. We are taking a Summer hiatus and will resume with new sessions in the Fall. In the meantime, feel free to watch the on-demand recordings of all 14 sessions by navigating to the PeopleSoft and Cloud Applications Webinar Series.
If you have not done so already, I encourage all of you to check out the latest episode of PeopleSoft Now and listen to our Senior Vice President of PeopleSoft Applications Development – Paco Aubrejuan – discuss the current and future state of PeopleSoft. Also available on our Oracle PeopleSoft YouTube channel is my podcast interview with Colonel Greg Johnson who talks about the U.S. Army’s plan to leverage PeopleSoft Profile Management to build out a 25-point talent profile for 1.3 million soldiers.
Customer Corner – Highlights customers who have implemented, upgraded or deployed new HCM Features.
Focus Group Updates: If you are interested – Click this link for list of HCM Focus Groups
- HR Focus Group – Focus Group reviewed and provided mockups and requirements for Gender Identity enhancement
- Recruiting Solutions – We reviewed the newest roadmap Kibana analytics for a Recruiter Pipeline Dashboard and Recruiting Admin Workload Dashboard, very positive feedback from the focus group.
- Remote Worker – Focus Group had a great discussion on the activity guide setup and Kibana analytics for the Remote Worker enhancement.
- HR Help Desk – Focus Group saw a demo on Questionnaire Framework Event and discussed requirements related to HR Help Desk case.
- ePerformance – We continue to work on the development of the Fluid Performance Management document and on small form factor (phone) designs. We will be meeting as a focus group on late July to review some of the design decisions and get feedback on direction.
- ELM – Focus group has been providing requirements and feedback for ELM kabana analytics. In the July and August meetings we will start looking at Manager Self Service transactions and the modernization and fluidization of those transactions.
- Accessibility with PeopleSoft HCM – We had our initial call in June with customer participation from 12 different organizations. We reviewed the major, new criteria set forth in the WCAG 2.1 guidelines and surveyed customers as to what their plans were for complying to WCAG 2.1 and/or 2.2. We also started to discuss the enhancements available in PeopleTools 8.59 related to Accessibility. Our next focus group call is scheduled for July 27th, contact [email protected] if you would like to participate.
***Important Note*** Focus Groups are open to all customers, calls are typically once a month for an hour or as needed. Your organization needs to have a current CPCA (customer participation confidentiality agreement) since Oracle discloses future design and prototypes.
USA/Global Legislative Updates –https://blogs.oracle.com/PsftLegUpdates/
- United States – Update on EEO-1, EEO-3, EEO-4 and EEO-5 reporting dates for 2021 – Click on EEOC blog for more details
- Japan – Japan Tax Agency (NTA) has announced changes to the Retirement Allowance rules for employees tenure with less than 5 years
- Switzerland – The Federal Tax Authorities have made changes to the Tax statement for the year 2021 Budget.
- HCM Image 39 – posting July 30, 2021* (to be the first HCM image release on PeopleTools 8.59)
- HCM Image 40 – posting October 2021*
- ELM Image 22 – posting August 27, 2021 – tentative date*
- CRM Image 20 – posting September 3, 2021 – tentative date*
- PeopleTools 8.59 – posting July 19, 2021* (April 9, 2021 for customers on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure)
*Tentative Dates – Oracle Safe Harbor Statement applies
PeopleSoft General Update
- PeopleSoft Investment Strategy with Paco Aubrejuan – PeopleSoft NOW! Episode 2.1 – Video
- PeopleSoft Chat – Ep 11: How the US Army builds a 25-point profile for 1.3 million soldiers with PeopleSoft– Podcast
- Answer External Applicants Questions 24/7 with the Recruiting Solutions ChatBot – Blog
- A checkbox can make all the difference to your Applicants – Blog
- Will Your Organization be Ready for Nacha’s New Data Security Rule for Bank Accounts? – Blog
- Start Texting Your External Candidates in PeopleSoft Recruiting Solutions – Blog
- Are the PeopleSoft Absence Kibana Analytics speaking to you? If so, what are they telling you? – Blog
Note: If you would like to receive this newsletter directly (or be removed) – please email [email protected]
Healthcare User Conference – Paco showing how to use Kibana to track and analyze Health & Safety incidents
Robbin demo’ing chatbot as part of the HCM Roadmap session
Tammy demo’ing the new Recruiting Chatbot for external applicants