Shelby Klingerman, Content Curator |
Venkatesh Gopalakrishnan, Senior Director of Product Management, and Nick Kelly, Senior Manager of Product Management, from Oracle presented how to migrate your Oracle Applications to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). They covered the different options for where to run your applications, common migration patterns and key takeaways from the presentation.
Where’s the Optimal Place to Run Your Oracle Application?
On-premises: Leaving things the way they are and remaining on-premises is the low-risk option. However, it’s important to acknowledge what your competitors are doing. If they’re moving to the Cloud, and you’re not, how will this affect the way you compete with them? Think about the time and cost of refreshes and how you will manage that infrastructure. Is it time to modernize?
SaaS: SaaS is the extreme on the other end of the spectrum from on-premises. It may require some compromises from your organization. It will likely require re-platforming. You may also lose customizations and have to redo integrations. It’s a great option if you’re able to do it, but it might not be the best option for everyone.
IaaS: IaaS is the option that falls between the other two. It’s the best of both worlds. With IaaS, you can move your applications to a software data center in the Cloud. People are sometimes concerned about the need to rearchitect, the performance or the cost-saving measure, but it comes down to what works best for your organization.
To learn more about how these migration techniques work, check out the full video.
The presentation ended with seven key takeaways:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is ideally suited for your Oracle Applications.
- This is the fastest and cheapest way to get out of your physical data center and move these critical applications to the Cloud.
- Key components and flexibility allow you to design your architecture the way you want.
- Smart layouts allow for cost-effective HA and DR solutions.
- You can connect seamlessly with your existing on-premise environment.
- There are resources available to make your migration experience seamless.
- You can join hundreds of other customers who are moving their applications to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
To learn more about OCI and how you can migrate your Oracle Applications to it, check out the full presentation.
To get more information about migrating Oracle Apps to OCI, subscribe for FREE to the Quest cloud e-newsletter and get weekly updates on the many educational and networking resources Quest delivers to its user community