INFOCUS 20 has officially shifted to a virtual event taking place on October 19-22, 2020! In an effort to prioritize the health and safety of our JD Edwards community, INFOCUS is not taking place in Denver this August as originally planned. As we shift to this new virtual environment, we are also reopening the Call for Presentations process until Friday, July 31, 2020. If you haven’t already, submit an abstract today for a chance to be selected as a speaker!
New Session Types at INFOCUS 20
As part of our virtual INFOCUS 20 conference, we have decided to introduce several new session types for speakers to choose from:
- Quick Tip Session (15 minutes): Do you have a simple solution that makes a big impact? Present a 15-minute quick tip session for quick, impactful tips that users can put to use right away!
- TECH Talk (15 minutes): Looking to inspire? Introduce an innovative idea or creative solution to a challenging technology problem in these 15-minute TED-style talks.
- Live Demo (15-30 minutes): Showcase a product or feature in these 15 or 30-minute sessions.
- Best Practice Session (30 minutes): There’s always a better way of doing things. Share tried and true best practices in these 30-minute sessions.
- Customer Case Study (30– 60 minutes): Explain how you or your company have successfully leveraged a specific product, tool, or process. Pass along first-hand tips and tricks, lessons learned, and advice.
- Insights Talk (60 minutes): This traditional lecture format provides an overview of a product, tool, or process, including key functionality, use cases, benefits, etc.
- Panel Discussion (60 minutes): Perspective is everything! Be a part of a moderated lineup of 3-4 subject matter experts sharing different perspectives on a specific topic of interest.
- Roundtable Discussion (60 minutes): Exchange information and ideas around a specific issue, topic, or task in this facilitated open forum.
- Special Interest Group (60 minutes): Engage with “your people.” Host a conversation to explore shared interests and hot topics.
- Workshop (2-4 hours): Walk users step-by-step through specific techniques and skills in these 2-4 hour hands-on sessions.
If you had already submitted a presentation during the original Call for Presentations period, you can still go into the speaker portal and make edits to your presentation or change it to one of these new session types if you think it would be a better fit! Edits should also be made by Friday, July 31, 2020.
Registration will open shortly, and there will be more details coming soon! We’re excited to stay connected with you digitally during this time, and we can’t wait for you to see what else we have in store for INFOCUS 20!
If you have any questions about the event or submitting a presentation, please reach out to [email protected].