Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications enable the mobile workforce to accelerate business execution on their device of choice. Users easily get up and running with a modern user interface and role-based, fit for purpose applications. It’s important to know about the many benefits of Mobile Enterprise Applications playing a part in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
Mobile computing is fast becoming the business norm. Professionals need the flexibility to rapidly execute time-critical tasks from any location. To keep pace with these requirements, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne provides an array of mobile solutions. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Smartphone Applications accelerate business execution on the user’s device of choice. Users can easily be up and running with a modern user experience and fit-for-purpose, role-based applications, designed to be companions to the web-based JD Edwards EnterpriseOne modules. Furthermore, JD Edwards provides an integrated development platform for developing and customizing Mobile Enterprise Applications to meet specific or unique business requirements.
Many organizations have already invested in mobility at some level and are looking for ways to define and adopt an overall, fully integrated enterprise mobile strategy that will enable them to optimize the functionality of their mobile applications as well as develop, integrate, and secure mobile applications within their enterprise. To help customers effectively and holistically manage their mobile strategy, JD Edwards offers them the ability to simplify mobile development, integration, security, and analytics using the Oracle Mobile Platform, which can be deployed as Mobile Cloud Service. Managing mobility comprehensively via a mobile platform strategy improves overall business results and accelerates business execution.
Benefits of Mobile Applications in JD Edwards
These mobile applications help accelerate business execution and efficiency and provide users with other benefits such as:
- A focus on tasks
- Custom development
- Simple deployment
- Mobile barcode camera scanning
- A common user interface
- Location services
Focus on Tasks
While enterprise-grade applications offer complex functionality to support a wide variety of business processes, mobile users are interested in completing specific tasks easily with only a few taps on the device. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications keep it simple by focusing on tasks that mobile users have to perform rather than providing all of the functionality within the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne back office. At the same time, mobile applications are designed to focus on the user’s specific role, based on the realization that an employee and a manager, for example, likely have different perspectives on information to view and act upon.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne mobile enterprise applications are built using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Framework and Oracle Mobile Application Framework technologies. Customers can use this framework to develop new and extend out-of-the-box EnterpriseOne mobile enterprise applications for iOS and Android devices. The combination of these technologies provides developers a rich mobile development platform that easily integrates with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne back-end applications through the AIS Server included with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Core Tools and Infrastructure.
Oracle’s Mobile Platform offers customers the ability to manage not only the development but also the security and integration of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications.
With rapidly growing expectations towards mobility within organizations today, a simple deployment model is essential to quickly meet users’ needs. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications are available for download from Apple’s App Store and Google Play, allowing customers to evaluate applications that are available. IT staff also requires simplicity in deploying mobile applications, which JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Application Interface Services (AIS) Server provides. Business logic is reused through the AIS Server, ensuring that data access and transaction processing is consistent with users’ experience in web applications. The AIS Server is certified on all supported platforms, yet again simplifying the components required to configure.
Using Oracle’s Mobile Platform capabilities can simplify the deployment and management of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications.
Mobile Barcode Camera Scanning
The ability to scan bar codes using the native camera on your device to facilitate inquiries and create supply chain transactions enables you to enhance business efficiency and maintain data integrity.
There are many JD Edwards EnterpriseOne mobile applications that are designed to scan data from a barcode and populate data into the respective fields. To scan barcode data, you can use the native camera on your device or a third-party handheld Bluetooth-enabled scanning device. To use this functionality, you must create barcodes that represent a single field in the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system. Currently, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne mobile applications do not accept barcodes that consist of data for multiple fields.
The following JD Edwards EnterpriseOne mobile applications are designed to scan data from barcodes:
- Condition-Based Maintenance for Mobile Tablet (M13101)
- Condition-Based Maintenance for Mobile Smartphone (M13102)
- Create Service Order for Mobile Tablet (M177141)
- Create Work Order for Mobile Tablet (M177142)
- Cycle Count for Mobile Tablet (M41240)
- Employee Time Entry for Mobile Tablet (M0511213)
- Equipment Work Order Time Entry for Mobile Tablet (M0511211)
- Equipment Work Order Time Entry for Mobile Smartphone (M0511212)
- Field Progress Entry for Mobile Tablet (M51050)
- Inventory Availability for Mobile Tablet (M41205)
- Inventory Availability for Mobile Smartphone (M41207)
- Inventory Transfer for Mobile Tablet (M41242)
- Manage Cases for Mobile Smartphone (M17510E)
- Manage Customer Equipment for Mobile Tablet (M17060)
- Manage Customer Equipment for Mobile Smartphone (M17061)
- Manage Equipment for Mobile Tablet (M13040)
- Manage Equipment for Mobile Smartphone (M13041)
- Manage My Work Orders for Mobile Tablet (M17020)
- Manage My Work Orders for Mobile Smartphone (M17010)
- Order Entry for Mobile Tablet (M42010)
- Product Price and Availability for Mobile Tablet (M41062)
- Product Price and Availability for Mobile Smartphone (M41063)
- Project Time Entry for Mobile Tablet (M51047)
- Project Time Entry for Mobile Smartphone (M51048)
- Quick Case Entry for Mobile Smartphone (M17500E)
- Search Sales Order for Mobile Tablet (M42060)
- Search Sales Order for Mobile Smartphone (M42061)
- Service Work Order Time Entry for Mobile Tablet (M3112211)
- Service Work Order Time Entry for Mobile Smartphone (M3112212)
- Warehouse Availability for Mobile Tablet (M46231)
Common User Interface
Each JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Application includes common, industry-standard user interface features and navigation including:
- Graphical data summaries such as pie charts and bar graphs
- List display with tap to details
- Search with standard entry and clear features
- Filters to further refine search results
- Primary and secondary action links logically positioned at the top or bottom of the app
- Application tabs with logically grouped information
- Springboard to easily log out and access app information
EnterpriseOne supports the ability to use location as a filter criterion within a search. This functionality leverages location services and allows users to search for customers within a user-defined proximity.
To learn more about the benefits of Mobile Enterprise Applications in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, check out the additional resources attached below.
COLLABORATE 20 will take place April 19-23, 2020 at the Mandala Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada! Call for Presentations is now open. Don’t miss your chance to share your stories, insights, and advice with the Quest Oracle Community! Submit an abstract by October 11, 2019, to be considered to be a speaker at the conference.
Save the date for Quest Experience Week! This free, four-day event is jam-packed with digital education designed to provide both strategic insight and how-to-education for Oracle users of all levels. Each day is dedicated to a different product and begins with a keynote followed by afternoon breakout sessions. Join us November 12-15, 2019, for conference-quality education from the comfort of your desk!
- Cloud Day: November 12
- Database Day: November 13
- PeopleSoft Day: November 14
- JD Edwards Day: November 15
If you’re looking for more JD Edwards content, join us next year at INFOCUS 20, the premier deep-dive JD Edwards focused event of the year! The event will take place August 25-27, 2020 in Denver, Colorado. Keep an eye out for more information on this event!