Quest Forum Digital Event 2020
Containers have been embraced by the developer community, but acceptance and adoption by DBAs is more… tepid. That’s understandable–why would anyone want a database that’s stateless and immutable?! I started using Docker under duress and had no idea what I was doing. Since then, I’ve learned that Docker elegantly addresses many situations faced by DBAs, including:
– Rapidly provisioning test and development environments
– Interacting with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure databases (including ATP and ADW)
– Preparing environments for performance testing
– Building Gold images
– Exploring new technologies and features
– Discovering and confirming bugs
– Preparing for certification exams
This session is a crash course in Docker covering the terminology, concepts, skills, and practical examples needed to begin using containers to support databases.
Watch the full-length video
Access our complete catalog of webinars, blogs and customer stories. Leverage insight from across the community through our library of 4,000+ educational resources.