Tag: Autonomous Database

David Huffman, Solution Engineer at Oracle, explained to users how Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse and Oracle Analytics Cloud can provide organizations and analysts with insights into accurate, comprehensive data.

For the airline industry, flight delays are a serious problem. This problem ultimately cripples customer satisfaction and retention, wreaks havoc on schedules, and reduces revenue. What if airlines could move past expensive, time-consuming, legacy IT approaches? This could help them harness their data to better analyze, understand, and mitigate flight delays. Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse can help them do exactly that.

Data Intensity decided to utilize the Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud to solve a problem that they were facing around financial reporting. Before the decision to use Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud, Data Intensity’s finance team was spending roughly 60 percent of its time just getting the data out of systems. Therefore, only the remaining 40 percent of the time was spent generating value back to the business.

Attend this session to understand how Oracle’s new Autonomous Database delivers powerful in-database, parallelized machine learning algorithms and the new Oracle Machine Learning Zeppelin based SQL notebooks. Oracle’s machine Learning deliver the fastest way to deliver enterprise-wide predictive analytics. Data analysts can quickly and easily query and explore data sets and build, document, share, automate and deploy machine learning methodologies all running inside the Autonomous Database.

Data analytics team can tackle tougher data-driven problems such as predicting customer behavior, anticipating churn, discovering customer segments, detecting potentially fraudulent activities and performing market basket analysis; all faster and more easily in the Autonomous Data Warehouse.

Come learn how easy it is to incorporate machine learning, predictive analytics and “AI” into your data warehouse projects.

Oracle Autonomous Database, the world’s first autonomous database, launched last year. This “self-driving” database has continuously been gaining interest in the business world. It eliminated complexity, human error, and manual management. This helps ensure higher reliability, security, and more operational efficiency at the lowest cost.

What does “autonomous” really mean, and what makes the database autonomous? If you’re looking for an answer to this question, this session is for you. In this session, we’ll cover the many benefits of autonomous capabilities and invite you to take a peek under the hood for a deep dive into the machine learning algorithms…

This year saw the introduction of Oracle Autonomous Database, a series of cloud services that enable anyone to rapidly build a secure, highly available and elastic database optimized for any workload. With the introduction of Automatic Indexing, Oracle Autonomous Database and Oracle Database on Exadata will now automatically adapt to changing workloads. But what does Automatic Indexing look like on the road?  In this session, we'll explain the motivation behind this new capability and provide a first look at it in action. We will also illustrate how it can simplify your approach to application tuning and accelerate new application development.

This presentation will look at which 19c new features that should be investigated for use.  This presentation will also look at which 18c new features that should be investigated for use (such as Snapshot Carousel, PDB Switchover, In-Memory External Tables, Merge Partition Online, Advances in the Approximate Query, Polymorphic Tables, Standby Nologging, and Password-less Schema Creation…

If your organization is interested in moving to Cloud, but you’re not quite ready to make the transition yet, you may want to consider utilizing a Cloud trial. Customers can now test drive the Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse on Cloud's platform through a free trial that offers $300 of free credits that are good for up to 3,500 hours of Oracle Cloud usage.

Oracle introduced the autonomous database in the Oracle Cloud this past March of 2018. It is set up for data warehouse-type workloads and not yet for heavy transactional systems or even hybrid-type applications. As a Database Administrator (DBA), we know that most of our applications have hybrid to heavy transaction workloads, and of course a few data lakes or warehouses. Well, good news — on August 7, 2018, Oracle announced and made immediately available Oracle 18c autonomous database in the Oracle Cloud for transaction processing.